Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Preview

I just got home from a 10 day foray to Europe, and am forcing myself to stay up until 10:00 (the wee hours by AARP standards) in hopes of getting back on US time as quickly as possible. I have many tales to tell and photos to post, but here is one to tide you over (as I know you are all brimming with anticipation).

I swear on my mother's grave that I did not stage this photo in any way. I have no idea whose idea it was to stick a tiny Italian flag in a dog turd, but whoever you are, if you are reading this, know that you have a friend for life in Chicago, and I think you have a bright future in the art world. A visually arresting confluence of national pride and canine waste.

I guess I can't be absolutely sure the waste is canine. That's definitely an Italian flag, though.

No comments: